Welcome to African Actuarial Consultants
African Actuarial Consultants, or Team AAC, provides specialised, independent and objective advice to financial institutions across Africa. We offer our clients actuarial and advisory services that aim to deliver value beyond the traditional actuarial brief.
Our approach is to work with our clients as a team, learning about their needs and concerns so that we can tailor financial solutions to meet their personal circumstances. We aim to advise, inform and where necessary guide. We emphasize building solid long-term relationships with our clients, supported by regular visits. We believe that the better we know our clients and understand their business, the more we can add value to improve their bottom line.
Our vision is to be trusted and leading provider of actuarial and advisory services in Africa, in partnership with our clients.
To strengthen and grow financial institutions in Africa by providing high-quality services. We provide an environment where employees are trained and empowered to make a meaningful contribution to the value of our clients' business. We are committed to maintaining high professional and ethical standards and we aim to be an employer of choice who allows for innovation and creativity.
Our Team works according to the values below.
- This underpins our approach to all clients.
- This is shared by all our employees.
- We disclose to our clients what we can and cannot do and are open about potential conflicts of interest.
- We cultivate a strong sense of entrepreneurship in our employees so that they're able to identify opportunities in the markets in which our clients operate.
- Excellent relationships
- We aim to cultivate excellent relationships with clients, stakeholders and potential partners. We take time to listen and build open and interactive relationships with our clients to best understand their needs.
- We're distinguished through using our creativity in bringing new ideas and strcutures to our clients
Our quality standards
We thoroughly review and check all our work. We have specialist consultants who perform the work, our head of consulting who plans and checks all the work, and qualified actuaries who review and sign off all actuarial work before it is sent to clients.
We have developed, implemented and reviewed models, methodologies and related processes based on actuarial principles, with a proven record of accomplishment of delivery, for the following client segments:
- Employee Benefits
- Accident and compensation
- Funeral Assurance
- General Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Public Sector
- The wider financial services industry